- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. white cake mix
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. almond extract (Mmmm!)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 jars (10 oz each) maraschino cherries, well drained and chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips*
- Frosting of your choice
- Heat oven to 350. Grease bottom of 9x13 pan or spray with cooking spray.
- Beat cake mix, sour cream, oil, almond extract and egg whites in large bowl on low speed, about 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes (batter will be thick). Drain chopped cherries on paper towels; pat dry. Stir cherries and chocolate chips into batter. Pour into pan.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool completely before frosting. You can use a ready-to-spread cherry frosting which gives it a nice pink color. If you can't find that, you can use vanilla frosting colored with red food coloring.
NotesMini chips work best in this recipe because the regular chips will sink to the bottom.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More