CHERRY-CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Cooking Time: 8 to 12
- Servings: 32
- Preparation Time: 50
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® Create 'n Bake™ refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 3 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 8 oz chocolate-flavored candy coating, chopped
- 1 aerosol can (6.4 oz) white decorating icing
- 2 jars (10 oz each) maraschino cherries with stems, drained on paper towels
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough.
- Stir or knead in flour until well blended.
- Work with half of dough at a time; refrigerate remaining dough until needed.
- Shape dough into 16 (1-inch) balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, microwave candy coating on High 30 seconds.
- Stir; microwave in 15-second increments until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- With can of decorating icing fitted with star tip, pipe 1-inch star of icing (about 1 teaspoon) on center of each cookie.
- Dip cherries into melted chocolate; place on white icing on cookies.
- Let stand until icing is set and chocolate is firm, about 20 minutes.
- Store between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container.