- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup halved maraschino cherries
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, oil and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. (Remember to use caution when mixing muffins as over-stirring can make tough muffins). Fold in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
- Makes 2 dozen.
NotesI found this recipe in the Kraft family food magazine. I love cherries and chocolate and this is the perfect combination
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More