- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 66 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes + chilling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups red and green candied cherries, halved
- 1 cup pecan halves
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; beat until fluffy. Add flour; mix well. Stir in cherries and pecans. Chill for 1 hour.
- Shape dough into three 10-in. rolls; wrap in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Freeze up to 2 months or until ready to bake. To bake, cut frozen rolls into 1/8-in. slices.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
NotesBrilliant red and green candied cherries add extra sparkle to these delicious holiday cookies. What I really like best is that this recipe is easy to mix up ahead of time. In fact, I've often made the dough in November and kept it in the freezer until I needed it in December!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More