- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 4 c. fresh tart pitted cherries or canned equivalent
- 1/4 t. almond extract
- 1 c. flour
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3 T. oil
- 1/2 c. milk
- Blend 1 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, cherries and almond extract in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Continue to boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour into an ungreased 2-quart casserole dish. In a separate bowl, combine flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in oil and milk, mix briefly.
- Drop dough in about 6 spoonfuls onto hot fruit. Sprinkle dough with a bit of extra sugar before baking.
- Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with cream or ice cream
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More