- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 4 c. fresh tart pitted cherries or canned equivalent
- 1/4 t. almond extract
- 1 c. flour
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3 T. oil
- 1/2 c. milk
- Blend 1 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, cherries and almond extract in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Continue to boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour into an ungreased 2-quart casserole dish. In a separate bowl, combine flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in oil and milk, mix briefly.
- Drop dough in about 6 spoonfuls onto hot fruit. Sprinkle dough with a bit of extra sugar before baking.
- Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with cream or ice cream
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Ginger White Chocolate And Brandy Pumpkin Mousse
Apple Honey Custard Pie
Tortellini CarbonaraSee More