- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 4 c. fresh tart pitted cherries or canned equivalent
- 1/4 t. almond extract
- 1 c. flour
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3 T. oil
- 1/2 c. milk
- Blend 1 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, cherries and almond extract in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Continue to boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour into an ungreased 2-quart casserole dish. In a separate bowl, combine flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in oil and milk, mix briefly.
- Drop dough in about 6 spoonfuls onto hot fruit. Sprinkle dough with a bit of extra sugar before baking.
- Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with cream or ice cream
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More