- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes 6 servings.
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (1 lb. 4 oz.) can pitted tart cherries, undrained (2 c.)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 Tb. quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 Tb. butter
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 drops almond extract
- Cobbler Topping
- Combine cherries, sugar and tapioca. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and clear, about 15 minutes. Stir in butter, salt and almond extract.
- Pour hot mixture into 10" X 6" X 1 1/2" baking dish. Add Cobbler Topping at once.
- Bake in hot oven (400º F.) about 20 minutes, or until crust is browned. Serve warm with cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Note: If you like more cherry filling, double the recipe, but use the same quantity of Cobbler Topping.
- (*This is the way I always do it!*)
- Cobbler Topping: Sift together 1 c. flour, 1 Tb. sugar, 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder and 1/4 tsp. salt. Cut in 1/4 c. butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix 1/4 c. milk and 1 slightly beaten egg. Add all at once to dry ingredients. Stir just to moisten. Drop by spoonfuls on hot cherry mixture. Bake as directed in Cherry Cobbler recipe.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Refreshing Grapefruit Sangria
CRISPY BAKED RAVIOLISee More