- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes 6 servings.
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (1 lb. 4 oz.) can pitted tart cherries, undrained (2 c.)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 Tb. quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 Tb. butter
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 drops almond extract
- Cobbler Topping
- Combine cherries, sugar and tapioca. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and clear, about 15 minutes. Stir in butter, salt and almond extract.
- Pour hot mixture into 10" X 6" X 1 1/2" baking dish. Add Cobbler Topping at once.
- Bake in hot oven (400º F.) about 20 minutes, or until crust is browned. Serve warm with cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Note: If you like more cherry filling, double the recipe, but use the same quantity of Cobbler Topping.
- (*This is the way I always do it!*)
- Cobbler Topping: Sift together 1 c. flour, 1 Tb. sugar, 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder and 1/4 tsp. salt. Cut in 1/4 c. butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix 1/4 c. milk and 1 slightly beaten egg. Add all at once to dry ingredients. Stir just to moisten. Drop by spoonfuls on hot cherry mixture. Bake as directed in Cherry Cobbler recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
DIY Tasty Gift Ideas
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat NecessarySee More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More