- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes 6 servings.
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (1 lb. 4 oz.) can pitted tart cherries, undrained (2 c.)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 Tb. quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 Tb. butter
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 drops almond extract
- Cobbler Topping
- Combine cherries, sugar and tapioca. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and clear, about 15 minutes. Stir in butter, salt and almond extract.
- Pour hot mixture into 10" X 6" X 1 1/2" baking dish. Add Cobbler Topping at once.
- Bake in hot oven (400º F.) about 20 minutes, or until crust is browned. Serve warm with cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Note: If you like more cherry filling, double the recipe, but use the same quantity of Cobbler Topping.
- (*This is the way I always do it!*)
- Cobbler Topping: Sift together 1 c. flour, 1 Tb. sugar, 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder and 1/4 tsp. salt. Cut in 1/4 c. butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix 1/4 c. milk and 1 slightly beaten egg. Add all at once to dry ingredients. Stir just to moisten. Drop by spoonfuls on hot cherry mixture. Bake as directed in Cherry Cobbler recipe.
Rita's Meals By Design Summer Chefs 2015
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More