- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 21-ounce cans cherry filling and topping
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Combine cherry filling and almond extract in an ungreased 8 × 8 × 2-inch baking pan.
- 2. Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl; mix well. Add orange juice, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls over cherry filling, making at least 8 dumplings.
- 3. For the topping: Combine almonds, sugar, orange peel and cinnamon in a small bowl; mix well. Sprinkle on top of cobbler.
- 4. Bake in a preheated 350º oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until filling is bubbly and dumplings are brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More