- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 21-ounce cans cherry filling and topping
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Combine cherry filling and almond extract in an ungreased 8 × 8 × 2-inch baking pan.
- 2. Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl; mix well. Add orange juice, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls over cherry filling, making at least 8 dumplings.
- 3. For the topping: Combine almonds, sugar, orange peel and cinnamon in a small bowl; mix well. Sprinkle on top of cobbler.
- 4. Bake in a preheated 350º oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until filling is bubbly and dumplings are brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Koken met OmaSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More