- Cooking Time: 35/40
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups cherries (preferably red), washed and pitted
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Thoroughly combine all of the topping ingredients in a bowl with a fork or with your fingers.
- Set aside.
- Either with a wooden spoon or with a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Add the yogurt and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add to the batter all at once and mix just until the ingredients are wet.
- Don't over mix the batter.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- The batter will be a bit sticky and might be difficult to spread but don't worry.
- Level it off as best you can.
- Sprinkle the prepared topping evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the cake.
- Let cool completely before removing the cake from the pan.
NotesContributor: Adapted from Scones, Muffins, and Tea Cakes
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
The Social CookbookSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More