- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 10 oz. Fresca
- 1 jar salad cherries (10oz)
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, coarsely chopped
- 1 container chocolate frosting
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin trays (stoneware preferred) with paper liners or arrange foil liners on a cookie sheet
- Pour 2 oz. of the juice from the cherries into a measuring cup. Drain cherries, rinse, and dry with paper towels. Chop using Pampered Chef Food Chopper
- Put cake mix in a medium/large size mixing bowl. Add 2oz. of cherry juice and Fresca. Mix with a scraper or wooden spoon (Do NOT use a hand mixer….it will beat the carbonation out of the Fresca and your cakes will come out flat and goey) until well incorporated. Fold in chopped cherries and chocolate chips.
- Fill cupcake wells 2/3 full and bake for 18-22 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in pan before inverting onto a cooling rack. Wait until cakes are completely cooled before frosting. After frosting, garnish with chocolate sprinkles.
NotesThese cupcakes are quick to make and are so delicious people will think you spent hours working on them. While they don’t have any runny liquid in the center, they taste like the cupcake version of cherry cordials. Also, because they use Fresca rather than oil and eggs in the cake batter they have less calories than regular cupcakes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More