- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- Mix 3/4 cup powdered sugar with 1 tbls almond extract and 1 tbls water.
- Instructions: oven 350
- Cream butter and sugar add eggs, extract.
- Mix to blend. Sift dry ingredients and add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream until well blended.
- Spoon 1/2 the batter into a greased and floured 12 inch tube pan.
- Gently spoon cherries evenly into batter.
- Top with remaining batter. Bake 1 hour (or until done).
- Cool 5 minutes and transfer to plate. Top with glaze.
NotesThis is the best cherry coffee cake i've ever made. So moist it melts in your mouth. I couldn't stop eating it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More