- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cream of tarter
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup sweet cherries, chopped (canned in heavy syrup)
- ¼ cup cherry syrup
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup cold butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Grease loaf pan.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together flour, salt, cream of tarter and soda.
- Open cherries and drain, reserving ¼ cup of syrup.
- Chop cherries and set aside.
- Combine sour cream and cherry syrup and set aside.
- Add sour cream mixture alternately with dry ingredients to the creamed mixture beating until well combined.
- Stir in cherries.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in a 350o oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the oats, flour brown sugar, cinnamon in a bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Stir in pecans.
- Place topping evenly over bread and bake an addition 40 to 50 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- You must SAVE this recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More