- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cream of tarter
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup sweet cherries, chopped (canned in heavy syrup)
- ¼ cup cherry syrup
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup cold butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Grease loaf pan.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together flour, salt, cream of tarter and soda.
- Open cherries and drain, reserving ¼ cup of syrup.
- Chop cherries and set aside.
- Combine sour cream and cherry syrup and set aside.
- Add sour cream mixture alternately with dry ingredients to the creamed mixture beating until well combined.
- Stir in cherries.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in a 350o oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the oats, flour brown sugar, cinnamon in a bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Stir in pecans.
- Place topping evenly over bread and bake an addition 40 to 50 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- You must SAVE this recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More