- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package of White Deluxe Cake Mix
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling (also tastes great with raspberry pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans are my favorite).
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
- Spread pie filling in the bottom of a 9" square pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Combine cake mix, nuts and melted butter. Sprinkle over pie filling. Bake at 350' for 40 - 50 minutes, until golden brown.
NotesSo simple and so yummy. I got this recipe from my husbands grandmother. It has become a huge hit with all the girls on my daughters basketball team and is requested often. You can vary the recipe by using a different pie filling flavor such as raspberry or blueberry. My personal favorite is raspberry. I've used different cake mixes as well; yellow or chocolate. Mix and match and create one that suites your taste. The picture shows the blueberry with yellow cake mix.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More