- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package of White Deluxe Cake Mix
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling (also tastes great with raspberry pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans are my favorite).
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
- Spread pie filling in the bottom of a 9" square pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Combine cake mix, nuts and melted butter. Sprinkle over pie filling. Bake at 350' for 40 - 50 minutes, until golden brown.
NotesSo simple and so yummy. I got this recipe from my husbands grandmother. It has become a huge hit with all the girls on my daughters basketball team and is requested often. You can vary the recipe by using a different pie filling flavor such as raspberry or blueberry. My personal favorite is raspberry. I've used different cake mixes as well; yellow or chocolate. Mix and match and create one that suites your taste. The picture shows the blueberry with yellow cake mix.