- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 1/3 c Flour; Sifted
- 3/4 ts Baking Powder
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 1/2 c Brown Sugar; Firmly Packed
- 1/2 c Butter
- 2 tb Water
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 c Brown Sugar; Firmly Packed
- 1/4 c Butter Or Margarine; Melted
- 1/2 c Raisins
- 1/2 c chocolate chips
- 2 tb Red Candied Cherries;Chopped
- 1 ts Lemon Rind; Grated
- 1 ts Orange Rind, Grated
- 1/4 ts 5-spice
- Stir the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Mix in
- the 1/2 c brown sugar and then cut in the 1/2 c butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture is crumbly. Stir in the water and press the mixture into the bottom of a 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile beat the eggs in a bowl until well blended, using an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Beat in the 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/4 cup of melted butter and blend well. Stir in the raisins, both kinds, the candied cherries, lemon rind, and spices. Spread the mixture over the baked crust. Bake in the 350 degree F. oven for 15 more minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack and when cool cut into 24 (2 X 1 1/2-inch) bars.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More