- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1 quart
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup shaved plain chocolate
- (Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate candy bars)
- 1/4 cup fresh bing cherries, halved and pitted
- (you may use canned cherries, but drain the syrup)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- Place the shaved chocolate flakes and the cherries in separate bowls. Cover and refrigerate.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's instructions.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done), add the chocolate and the cherries, then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.