- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1 quart
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup shaved plain chocolate
- (Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate candy bars)
- 1/4 cup fresh bing cherries, halved and pitted
- (you may use canned cherries, but drain the syrup)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- Place the shaved chocolate flakes and the cherries in separate bowls. Cover and refrigerate.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's instructions.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done), add the chocolate and the cherries, then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More