CHERRY POMEGRANATE BALLS
Cherry Pomegranate Balls
- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/4 cup chopped dried sour cherries
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 3 1/2 ounces good-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup finely ground vanilla wafer cookies
- 1/4 cup finely ground chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, finely ground, (2 oz.)
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate-covered coffee beans, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts (optional), (I WOULD CHOOSE ONE OR THE OTHER, OR 1 CUP MIXED)
Bring cherries and juice to a simmer in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt together bittersweet chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (water not touching bowl), stirring until smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove bowl from pan and let stand 10 minutes.
Add honey and cherry mixture, whisking until combined well; set aside.
Combine wafers, pecans, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add chocolate-cherry mixture and sir until combined well.
Form into 1-inch balls and roll in chocolate-espresso beans.
Can be stored at room temperature up to 2 weeks in single layers divided by waxed paper in an airtight container. Makes 24 balls.
You can substitute other coverings for the crushed espesso beans; usch as coconut, powdered chocolate, "jimmies", etc..