- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI have been wanting to make something with cherries and vanilla pudding forever! My friend, Sherry (gratefulservant) from Taste Of Home posted this recipe as a Not T&T on April 4th, 2011 so that tells you how long I've had this recipe in my stash!
OMGoodness, why did I wait so long? It was total heaven on a plate! The creaminess of the pudding and cream cheese mixture all playing with the cherries was a match made in heaven! I love cherries anyway you can make them or for that matter, just eating them right out of a bag! Make this the night before so everything has a chance to set up and the next day you will definitely be a star with this dessert! Delicious!
- 1 stick butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup all purpose
- 1½ cups of chopped nuts
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups Cool Whip (I bought two eight ounce tubs)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (5.25 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cut butter into flour as for pie crust. Add 1 cup nuts, mixing all with hands and pat into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake 20 minutes; cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend cream cheese, sugar and 2 cups Cool Whip. Spread onto cooled crust.
- Spread with cherry pie filling.
- Mix pudding mix and milk. When it thickens, spread on top of cherries.
- Top with the rest of the cool whip and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Cover and chill overnight. You must let it chill overnight for everything to thicken up.