- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 stick butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup all purpose
- 1½ cups of chopped nuts
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups Cool Whip (I bought two eight ounce tubs)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (5.25 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cut butter into flour as for pie crust. Add 1 cup nuts, mixing all with hands and pat into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake 20 minutes; cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend cream cheese, sugar and 2 cups Cool Whip. Spread onto cooled crust.
- Spread with cherry pie filling.
- Mix pudding mix and milk. When it thickens, spread on top of cherries.
- Top with the rest of the cool whip and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Cover and chill overnight. You must let it chill overnight for everything to thicken up.
NotesI have been wanting to make something with cherries and vanilla pudding forever! My friend, Sherry (gratefulservant) from Taste Of Home posted this recipe as a Not T&T on April 4th, 2011 so that tells you how long I've had this recipe in my stash!
OMGoodness, why did I wait so long? It was total heaven on a plate! The creaminess of the pudding and cream cheese mixture all playing with the cherries was a match made in heaven! I love cherries anyway you can make them or for that matter, just eating them right out of a bag! Make this the night before so everything has a chance to set up and the next day you will definitely be a star with this dessert! Delicious!