- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sweet cherries, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl then cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
NotesCherry salsa makes a sweet and spicy condiment for salmon, chicken or pork. For a milder salsa, remove all of the ribs and seeds from the jalapeño.
Per serving (About 2 Tbsp/37g-wt.): 25 calories (0 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 1g protein, 6g total carbohydrate (less than 1g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 0mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium