- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen pitted sour cherries, drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spray baking sheet with vegetable-oil cooing spray.
- NOTE: when making scones, work the dough quickly and do not over mix.
- In a large bowl combine flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- With a pastry blender cut butter into flour mixture until particles are the size of small peas;
- Stir in 1/2 the cherries.
- Add 1 egg, vanilla and whipping cream; stir just until mixed.
- On a lightly floured surface knead dough gently.
- Pat or roll dough into a circle 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into 8 wedges, separate the section, place on baking sheet 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Make a small indentation in center of each scone.
- Place approximately 1/2 tablespoon of cherries in each indentation.
- Brush scones, except for the cherries, with the 1 egg; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown, Remove from oven and serve warm
NotesI have never tried this recipe but I also love scones. If you try it please let me know how it is. Thanks
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More