- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen pitted sour cherries, drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spray baking sheet with vegetable-oil cooing spray.
- NOTE: when making scones, work the dough quickly and do not over mix.
- In a large bowl combine flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- With a pastry blender cut butter into flour mixture until particles are the size of small peas;
- Stir in 1/2 the cherries.
- Add 1 egg, vanilla and whipping cream; stir just until mixed.
- On a lightly floured surface knead dough gently.
- Pat or roll dough into a circle 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into 8 wedges, separate the section, place on baking sheet 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Make a small indentation in center of each scone.
- Place approximately 1/2 tablespoon of cherries in each indentation.
- Brush scones, except for the cherries, with the 1 egg; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown, Remove from oven and serve warm
NotesI have never tried this recipe but I also love scones. If you try it please let me know how it is. Thanks
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More