- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 10-ounce jar maraschino cherries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. Drain cherries, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Cut cherries into quarters; set aside.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, salt, baking powder and soda. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat together egg and buttermilk. Add egg mixture, coconut, and drained cherries to flour mixture, stirring with a fork only until combined.
- 3. Lightly knead on a floured surface 12 times. Pat or lightly roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough into 8 pieces, using a floured, 4-inch round biscuit cutter. Place rounds on an ungreased baking sheet. Using a sharp, floured knife, cut each scone into four wedges. Do not separate.
- 4. Bake in a preheated 400º oven 10 to 12 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- 5. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and reserved maraschino cherry juice; mix well. Drizzle glaze over hot scones. Serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
NFPG Recipe Collection
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More