- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 10-ounce jar maraschino cherries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. Drain cherries, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Cut cherries into quarters; set aside.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, salt, baking powder and soda. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat together egg and buttermilk. Add egg mixture, coconut, and drained cherries to flour mixture, stirring with a fork only until combined.
- 3. Lightly knead on a floured surface 12 times. Pat or lightly roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough into 8 pieces, using a floured, 4-inch round biscuit cutter. Place rounds on an ungreased baking sheet. Using a sharp, floured knife, cut each scone into four wedges. Do not separate.
- 4. Bake in a preheated 400º oven 10 to 12 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- 5. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and reserved maraschino cherry juice; mix well. Drizzle glaze over hot scones. Serve warm.
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Baked Avocado Brunch
Japanese Carrot Ginger Dressing
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage CasseroleSee More