- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 30(2-inch)shortbread cookies such as Lorna Doones)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry filling
- Grated chocolate, for garnish (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Put ricotta cheese, confectioners' sugar, sour cream and coffee liqueur in a large mixing bowl; stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Put cookies, a few at a time, in an electric blender or food processor container. Process until finely crushed. You should have about 1 1/2 cups of cookie crumbs.
- Remove 6 cherries from cherry filling; reserve for garnish.
- To assemble dessert, spoon 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese mixture into each of six (8-ounce) parfait glasses. Add 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs to each glass; top each with 2 tablespoons cherry filling. Repeat ricotta, crumb and cherry layers. Finish each serving with an equal portion of the remaining ricotta cheese mixture. Let chill 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- Servings: 6
NotesSmooth and easy describe this layered cherry dessert that is a variation of an Italian classic.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More