- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 30(2-inch)shortbread cookies such as Lorna Doones)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry filling
- Grated chocolate, for garnish (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Put ricotta cheese, confectioners' sugar, sour cream and coffee liqueur in a large mixing bowl; stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Put cookies, a few at a time, in an electric blender or food processor container. Process until finely crushed. You should have about 1 1/2 cups of cookie crumbs.
- Remove 6 cherries from cherry filling; reserve for garnish.
- To assemble dessert, spoon 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese mixture into each of six (8-ounce) parfait glasses. Add 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs to each glass; top each with 2 tablespoons cherry filling. Repeat ricotta, crumb and cherry layers. Finish each serving with an equal portion of the remaining ricotta cheese mixture. Let chill 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- Servings: 6
NotesSmooth and easy describe this layered cherry dessert that is a variation of an Italian classic.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Breads and Pastry 101
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More