- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is such a cute cake and fool proof for beginner bakers
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1/3 c. oil
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 -3 eggs, depending on instructions on box of cake mix.
- 15 maraschino cherries, approximately
- 3/4 c. maraschino juice
- 1 vanilla bean
- Frosting recipe of your choice or *dare I say it* a premade jar of frosting
- Preheat oven to box directions. Drain the cherries reserving juice; chop cherries in half and reserve.
- Prepare cake mix according to box directions, adding water and cherry juice to equal the amount of liquid needed for cake mix. (In my case, the amount of water called for on the box was 1 1/4 c. I substituted 3/4 c. cherry juice and 1/2 c. water instead)
- Fold the cherries and pecans into the cake mix; stirring by hand. Pour mix into 2 round cake pans and bake in preheated oven.
- When cake has completely cooled, frost; serve and keep unused portions in refrigerator.