- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1/3 c. oil
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 -3 eggs, depending on instructions on box of cake mix.
- 15 maraschino cherries, approximately
- 3/4 c. maraschino juice
- 1 vanilla bean
- Frosting recipe of your choice or *dare I say it* a premade jar of frosting
- Preheat oven to box directions. Drain the cherries reserving juice; chop cherries in half and reserve.
- Prepare cake mix according to box directions, adding water and cherry juice to equal the amount of liquid needed for cake mix. (In my case, the amount of water called for on the box was 1 1/4 c. I substituted 3/4 c. cherry juice and 1/2 c. water instead)
- Fold the cherries and pecans into the cake mix; stirring by hand. Pour mix into 2 round cake pans and bake in preheated oven.
- When cake has completely cooled, frost; serve and keep unused portions in refrigerator.
NotesThis is such a cute cake and fool proof for beginner bakers
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More