- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbs. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Zest of one lemon
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 5 egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks
- 2 1/2 tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- 7 tbs. cherry jam, or as needed
- Confectioners' sugar for garnish
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, granulated sugar, salt and zest.
- In another bowl, lightly whisk egg yolks.
- Whisk buttermilk and ricotta.
- Whisk yolk mixture into flour mixture until well combined: the batter will be lumpy.
- Gently stir in egg whites in two additions.
- Put 1/4 tsp butter in each well of the filled pancake pan.
- Heat over medium heat until butter begins to bubble.
- Pour 1 tbs. batter into each well.
- Place heaping 1/2 tsp. jam in center of batter top with 1 tbs. batter.
- Cook 3-5 minutes.
- Using two skewers, flip pancakes over; cook 3 minutes more.
- Transfer to plate.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Dust pancakes with confectioners' sugar.
NotesI use raspberry jam too- it just depends on your taste. These are surprisingly yummy and different than the "normal" pancake
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More