- Cooking Time: 60-90 minutes
- Servings: 2 loaves
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 C sugar
- 3 C flour
- 1 C chestnut flour
- 1 tsp each ginger, nutmeg, and cloves
- 1 T cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C molasses
- 1/2 C maple syrup or honey
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 C pumpkin, cooked & mashed
- 1 C vegetable oil (I think I replaced half of it with more pumpkin the second time I made it)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine dry ingredients and sugar.
- Stir in eggs, pumpkin, syrup, molasses and oil.
- Mix well and pour into parchment lined or greased-floured loaf pans.
- Bake 60 – 90 minutes (until pick comes out dry). Since I prefer more crust, I used one 13X9 pan and sprinkled the top with turbinao sugar. Otherwise, this recipe makes 2 loaves.
NotesI had a ton of pumkin puree to use and was tired of plain pumpkin bread. I still wanted something easy and decided to try it with the dried chestnuts I had. It was a great combo! I like to change it up with different spices and dried fruit, but the basic recipe remains the same.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More