- Cooking Time: 12-14
- Servings: 4 Dozen
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryHome-made chocolate chip cookies, baked till golden brown. Crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. F. Line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper. Set aside.
- Cream the butter using a whisk or hand mixer. Add the white and brown sugars and beat until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla extract and beat well.
- In another bowl, sift flour, baking soda, and salt and add in to the egg mixture. Beat until smooth. Add chocolate chips about half way through mixing.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. This will make one large cookie. Keep dropping the dough till you have used up all if it. Make sure you leave enough space between the drops of dough so that they have space to expand while cooking.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 12 - 14 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Cool completely before serving or storing.