- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups plus 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder (original recipe calls for 1 tsp finely ground espresso)
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. Melt the 1 3/4 cups chocolate chips and butter together in the microwave for 1 minute, stir and continue microwaving in 1 minute intervals until melted and smooth.
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, mix the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the instant espresso powder and mix, then mix in the chocolate mixture. Mix in the dry ingredients and the remaining 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Let the dough firm up in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
- Scoop the dough by heaping tablespoon onto a sheet pan and freeze. If you don’t have room in your freezer for a sheet pan, simply scoop the cookies into a smaller pan, then freeze, making sure the cookies do not clump together.
- When ready to serve, heat the oven to 375 degrees. Without thawing the cookies, arrange them 2 inches apart on a sheet pan that has been generously buttered or is lined with parchment paper. Bake for 7 minutes. Serve warm.
NotesA fabulously chewy chocolatey brownie..in cookie form. Perfect for the chocolate and coffee lovers.
Note: You can also bake the cookies without freezing them, to do this reduce the baking time to 5 minutes. (Keep an eye on them, as I found the need to bake for longer than 5 minutes.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More