CHEWY CRANBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES
Chewy Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- 11/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 8 ounces (1 cup) unsalted butter, slightly softened (about 20 minutes)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces (1 1/3 cups) dried cranberries
- 5 ounces (about 1 cup) chopped walnuts (I use Pecans)
Heat the oven to 350°F.
Lightly grease your cookie sheets or cover them with parchment.
In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir in the oats.
With an electric mixer, beat the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then scrape down the sides of the bowl; add the honey and vanilla and beat until blended.
Add the flour mixture in two additions, beating until well combined.
Stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
Drop the dough by the heaping tablespoonful about 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets. Bake until the centers of the cookies are soft and no longer look wet, 9 to 11 minutes.
Let cool on the sheets for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yields about forty-four 3-inch cookies.