- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Combine cake mix & brown sugar in large bowl.
- Add melted butter & eggs, beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Stir in dates & walnuts. Batter will be stiff.
- Spread into a greased 13 X 9 X 2 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 45 minutes, until edges are golden brown. It may still look moist in the middle, but that's OK.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More