- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 C rolled oats
- 1/2 C wheat germ
- 1/4 C flax seed
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1 C whole wheat or all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 C natural peanut butter (we prefer chunky!)
- milk or water in case dough is too dry
- 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9x13 pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, wheat germ, flax seed, flour, brown sugar and salt.
- Add the honey, egg, and peanut butter.
- Mix until well-blended.
- If dough is too dry, add a little milk or water a tablespoon at a time. The dryness depends on the moistness of your natural peanut butter.
- Pat dough evenly into pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until edges start to turn golden.
- Let the bars cool for 5-10 minutes and then cut while still warm.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
NotesMy husband and I love peanut butter! We also eat a lot of granola bars because they are the perfect convenience food. I decided to create a healthy, protein-packed recipe that would include our favorite ingredient and would be quick to make (since I make a lot of them!).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More