- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Light karo syrup
- Dash of salt
- 2 Cups Pecans
- 7/8 Cup Evaporated milk
- 1 Cup Milk (minus 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- Combine sugar, syrup and salt in a medium sized saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until small amount dropped in cold water forms a hard ball.
- Gradually (so the mixture never stops boiling) add pecans, milks and butter. Continue cooking until it tests again as hard ball in cold water.
- Add vanilla.
- Let stand until mixture stops foaming.
- Drop by teaspoons-full onto well-buttered baking sheet or wax paper.
- When completely cool, remove.
- Wrap each praline in wax paper
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More