- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 half tin chickpeas (ca 1 cup) drained and washed
- 2-3 spring onions
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- one small tin yoghurt nature (without any additives)
- 1 tsp curry (indian, thai, just your favourite)
- 1 tsp coriander (may be fresh also (cilantro) then at least one 1tbsp chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- alternatively some fresh parsley chopped
- Drain, wash with cold water in a cholander and tap dry the chick peas.
- Add 1 tsp sesame oil or what ever you like in a pan and roast the chick peas til they get a browner color, not too long though.
- Chop the spring onion and add to the pan. Also add the curry.
- Fry for ca 3 minutes after the onion has been added.
- Meanwhile put the yoghurt in the serving bowl and season with coriander salt and pepper and some more of the curry if you need more kick to the taste.
- When Chickpeas and onion mix is ready, add it to the yoghurt and stir.
- Serve luke warm or cold with a good baguette or bread.
- Can also be used as a condiment with other food, like chicken etc.
NotesI was just checking my emails and there this link pops up for a chick pea salad. I checked it out and altered it a little and this is what it turned out to. A very tasty and filling salad. Hope you enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Fun appetizers and snacks
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More