CHICK PEA SALAD WITH YOGURT DRESSING AND RED PEPPERS
Chick pea salad with yogurt dressing and red peppers
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 half tin chickpeas (ca 1 cup) drained and washed
- 2-3 spring onions
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- one small tin yoghurt nature (without any additives)
- 1 tsp curry (indian, thai, just your favourite)
- 1 tsp coriander (may be fresh also (cilantro) then at least one 1tbsp chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- alternatively some fresh parsley chopped
Drain, wash with cold water in a cholander and tap dry the chick peas.
Add 1 tsp sesame oil or what ever you like in a pan and roast the chick peas til they get a browner color, not too long though.
Chop the spring onion and add to the pan. Also add the curry.
Fry for ca 3 minutes after the onion has been added.
Meanwhile put the yoghurt in the serving bowl and season with coriander salt and pepper and some more of the curry if you need more kick to the taste.
When Chickpeas and onion mix is ready, add it to the yoghurt and stir.
Serve luke warm or cold with a good baguette or bread.
Can also be used as a condiment with other food, like chicken etc.