- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 4-5 stalks of celery - chopped
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup Franks hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 grocery store rotisserie chickens, de-boned and shredded
- 1 cup cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1-2 dashes of Worchshire sauce
- Sliced Mozz cheese (optional)
- Crusty bread (Optional)
- In a skillet, cook carrots celery and onions in butter until tender but not mush.
- Sprinkle flour into pan; slowly mix in milk and chicken broth.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until mixed well then transfer to soup pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the cheese has melted.
- Added bonus:
- Put fist size piece of crusty bread into soup bowl.
- Pour soup over bread.
- Layer 2 pieces of sliced mozz cheese on top
- Broil in oven for 5 minutes or until lightly brown on top.
NotesThis is a twist to my regular chicken soup recipe. I like chicken wings and I like soup so here is the combo.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More