- Cooking Time: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 90
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 24 medium uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 1/4 pounds beef skirt steak, cut into 3x1/2-inch strips, or filet mignon, cut into 3 x 1/2 x 1/4-inch strips
- 36 (about) bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
- Lime slices
- For peanut sauce:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (do not use old-fashioned style or freshly ground)
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Lime peel julienne
- Preparation For saté:
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large glass baking dish, Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add shrimp, chicken and beef; stir to coat.
- Cover; chill 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove shrimp, chicken and beef from marinade.
- Thread on separate skewers, using about 3 shrimp per skewer and 2 beef or chicken pieces per skewer.
- Place on platter. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead.
- Cover and chill.)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
- Grill skewered meats until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Line large platter with banana leaves.
- Place sauce in bowl in center of platter.
- Surround with skewers. Garnish with lime, and serve.
- For peanut sauce:
- Place peanut butter in heavy medium saucepan.
- Gradually mix in chicken broth.
- Add all remaining ingredients except lime peel.
- Stir over medium heat until smooth and thick, about 6 minutes. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Before serving, stir over medium heat until hot, thinning with water if necessary.)
- Pour sauce into bowl and garnish with lime peel.
- Makes about 3 cups.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More