Chicken, Feta & Pistachio Salad
Why I Love This Recipe
Martha Stewart Everyday Food
Ingredients You'll Need
* 1/2 cup shelled, unsalted pistachios
* 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
* Coarse salt and ground pepper
* 4 chicken cutlets (about 1 pound total)
* 1 teaspoon ground coriander
* 1 head romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
* 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley
* 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
* 4 ounces feta, crumbled
* 2 navel oranges (peel and white pith removed), halved and thinly sliced
1. In a medium skillet, toast pistachios over medium heat, stirring frequently, until fragrant and golden, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate; let cool. In a large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup oil and vinegar; season with salt and pepper, and set dressing aside.
2. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet over medium. Sprinkle chicken with coriander; season with salt and pepper. Cook (in batches if necessary), turning once, until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board, and thinly slice crosswise.
3. Add pistachios, lettuce, parsley, and scallions to bowl with dressing, and toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls; top with chicken, feta, and oranges.
Cooking nuts in a skillet just until golden makes them extra crunchy and intensifies their flavor. Remove them from the skillet right after toasting to prevent overbrowning.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Lettuce/Vegetable