- Cooking Time: 33 mins
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 12 Rhodes™ Southern Style or Buttermilk Biscuits, thawed but still cold
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3-4 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a 3 quart sauce pan.
- Add onion, carrots and celery and saute until tender.
- Set vegetables aside with chicken.
- In the same sauce pan, melt butter then stir in flour and simmer for 1 minute while stirring.
- Combine milk, chicken broth, and poultry seasoning and slowly add to flour mixture while stirring.
- Simmer for a few minutes until thicker. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the pan off the burner and add vegetables and chicken, coating everything well.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Pour the filling into a sprayed 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 400°F 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and put the 12 thawed biscuits, spaced evenly, on top of the bubbling mixture.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
NotesA vegetable and chicken dish perfect for your family dinner.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More