- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 lb grilled chicken breasts
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup rich chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb campanelle pasta, cooked
- 12 leaves fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Roasted Garlic Cream (use 1 cup)
- 1 cup peeled garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare the Roasted Garlic Cream recipe. (see below)
- Grill the chicken or roast the breasts and dice them into bite sized pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute the onion, garlic, mushrooms and chicken. When the onions are heated through, deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- Add the chicken stock and cream and reduce by half its volume or until the sauce is thick
- enough to coat a spoon.
- Stir in the Roasted Garlic Cream and add the
- cooked pasta.
- Add basil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a large serving bowl and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and more fresh basil.
- Roasted Garlic Cream: (This sauce is a garlic lover's dream! It will add incredible garlic flavor, aroma and depth to any dish.
- It is so versatile that it can be used on pizza! The garlic flavor is mellow not strong and the texture will be similar to that of peanut butter.
- It makes wicked garlic bread.)
- Place the garlic in a saucepan and cover with olive oil.
- Heat to medium high and cook for about ten minutes until the garlic is golden
- brown, but not burnt.
- Remove from heat and strain the olive oil into
- an airtight container to use in future recipes. Put the cooked garlic into a food processor or blender.
- Heat the cream in a heavy saucepan,
- reducing it to half of its original volume, or until the amount equals about one cup.
- Pour the cream into the blender with the cooked
- garlic and puree into a paste.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Short & Sweet
The Naked MacaronSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More