- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 lb grilled chicken breasts
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup rich chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb campanelle pasta, cooked
- 12 leaves fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Roasted Garlic Cream (use 1 cup)
- 1 cup peeled garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare the Roasted Garlic Cream recipe. (see below)
- Grill the chicken or roast the breasts and dice them into bite sized pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute the onion, garlic, mushrooms and chicken. When the onions are heated through, deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- Add the chicken stock and cream and reduce by half its volume or until the sauce is thick
- enough to coat a spoon.
- Stir in the Roasted Garlic Cream and add the
- cooked pasta.
- Add basil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a large serving bowl and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and more fresh basil.
- Roasted Garlic Cream: (This sauce is a garlic lover's dream! It will add incredible garlic flavor, aroma and depth to any dish.
- It is so versatile that it can be used on pizza! The garlic flavor is mellow not strong and the texture will be similar to that of peanut butter.
- It makes wicked garlic bread.)
- Place the garlic in a saucepan and cover with olive oil.
- Heat to medium high and cook for about ten minutes until the garlic is golden
- brown, but not burnt.
- Remove from heat and strain the olive oil into
- an airtight container to use in future recipes. Put the cooked garlic into a food processor or blender.
- Heat the cream in a heavy saucepan,
- reducing it to half of its original volume, or until the amount equals about one cup.
- Pour the cream into the blender with the cooked
- garlic and puree into a paste.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More