- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3-4 chicken breasts, rotisserie chicken already cooked from the store works great or 1 small whole chicken, rotisserie chicken already cooked from the store works great
- 2 1/2 quarts chicken broth (or more)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 25 baby carrots, cut in half
- 7 ounces canned corn
- 7 ounces canned peas
- 2 (16 1/3 ounce) packages Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (16 total, do not use low fat bisciuts or extra butter, use plain buttermilk)
- First prepare chicken as desired and set aside (dice raw chicken or pick your rotissere chicken from store).
- In at least a 8qt pot (the larger the pot the better to allow room to stir).
- Add: all ingredients except chicken, corn, peas& bisciuts.
- Once the carrots are half done add: chicken, corn, peas.
- Bring pot to a high boil.
- Break each individual bisciuts into 5 pieces and drop into pot.
- Be sure to constantly, stop and stir the bisciuts so they do not stick to each other, also use a spatula to mix the bottom of pan to prevent the dumplings from burning on the bottom.
- Once you've added your LAST dumpling continue to stir for 10-15min until each dumpling appears well formed, the broth will start to thicken. BE PATIENT! It will thicken! May take awhile to get it to a thickness you desire, Just continue to stir. Once you turn off the stove and let it sit, it will continue to thicken. If it gets too thick for your liking add more broth. If it's not thick enough add more biscuits.
- If you enjoy a kick to your food add another pinch of crushed red pepper, it's awsome!
- As always add salt and peper to your taste. Enjoy
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More