Chicken & Fennel Ragout
Why I Love This Recipe
I have a friend who just had a baby, and she emailed me and said she wanted me to cook her something. So, I looked in the fridge, and this is what I had, and it was pretty awesome!:
Ingredients You'll Need
1-2 large boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts, sliced
1 med Onion, sliced
3-4 cloves Garlic, chopped
1 rib Celery, chopped
1 bulb Fennel, chunked, w/Fronds reserved
1/4-1/2 head Green Cabbage, sliced
2 Gala Apples, sliced
Salt & Pepper
1/4tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2c Chicken Stock
Rind & Juice from 1 sm Tangerine
* Heat oil in large Dutch oven.
* Season meat and veggies liberally w/herbs, salt & peppers.
* Sauté chicken, onion, garlic, celery and fennel til tender-crisp and fragrant, approx 5-7min.
* Add cabbage and apples; sauté another 5-7min.
* Add stock, juice & rind; reduce by cooking over med-low flame 10-15min til meat & veggies are tender and liquid is nearly gone, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
* Add reserved fronds and stir before serving.
* I served over garlic smashed potatoes made w/cream, chicken stock and butter.