- Cooking Time: 20-30
- Preparation Time:
- Olive Oil
- 1-2 large boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts, sliced
- 1 med Onion, sliced
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 rib Celery, chopped
- 1 bulb Fennel, chunked, w/Fronds reserved
- 1/4-1/2 head Green Cabbage, sliced
- 2 Gala Apples, sliced
- Salt & Pepper
- 1tsp Nutmeg
- 1tsp Coriander
- 1/4tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2c Chicken Stock
- Rind & Juice from 1 sm Tangerine
- * Heat oil in large Dutch oven.
- * Season meat and veggies liberally w/herbs, salt & peppers.
- * Sauté chicken, onion, garlic, celery and fennel til tender-crisp and fragrant, approx 5-7min.
- * Add cabbage and apples; sauté another 5-7min.
- * Add stock, juice & rind; reduce by cooking over med-low flame 10-15min til meat & veggies are tender and liquid is nearly gone, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- * Add reserved fronds and stir before serving.
- * I served over garlic smashed potatoes made w/cream, chicken stock and butter.
NotesI have a friend who just had a baby, and she emailed me and said she wanted me to cook her something. So, I looked in the fridge, and this is what I had, and it was pretty awesome!:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
MetroCooking DC 2013
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More