- Cooking Time: 20-30
- Preparation Time:
- Olive Oil
- 1-2 large boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts, sliced
- 1 med Onion, sliced
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 rib Celery, chopped
- 1 bulb Fennel, chunked, w/Fronds reserved
- 1/4-1/2 head Green Cabbage, sliced
- 2 Gala Apples, sliced
- Salt & Pepper
- 1tsp Nutmeg
- 1tsp Coriander
- 1/4tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2c Chicken Stock
- Rind & Juice from 1 sm Tangerine
- * Heat oil in large Dutch oven.
- * Season meat and veggies liberally w/herbs, salt & peppers.
- * Sauté chicken, onion, garlic, celery and fennel til tender-crisp and fragrant, approx 5-7min.
- * Add cabbage and apples; sauté another 5-7min.
- * Add stock, juice & rind; reduce by cooking over med-low flame 10-15min til meat & veggies are tender and liquid is nearly gone, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- * Add reserved fronds and stir before serving.
- * I served over garlic smashed potatoes made w/cream, chicken stock and butter.
NotesI have a friend who just had a baby, and she emailed me and said she wanted me to cook her something. So, I looked in the fridge, and this is what I had, and it was pretty awesome!:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More