CHICKEN & FENNEL RAGOUT
Chicken & Fennel Ragout
- Cooking Time: 20-30
- Olive Oil
- 1-2 large boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts, sliced
- 1 med Onion, sliced
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 rib Celery, chopped
- 1 bulb Fennel, chunked, w/Fronds reserved
- 1/4-1/2 head Green Cabbage, sliced
- 2 Gala Apples, sliced
- Salt & Pepper
- 1tsp Nutmeg
- 1tsp Coriander
- 1/4tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2c Chicken Stock
- Rind & Juice from 1 sm Tangerine
* Heat oil in large Dutch oven.
* Season meat and veggies liberally w/herbs, salt & peppers.
* Sauté chicken, onion, garlic, celery and fennel til tender-crisp and fragrant, approx 5-7min.
* Add cabbage and apples; sauté another 5-7min.
* Add stock, juice & rind; reduce by cooking over med-low flame 10-15min til meat & veggies are tender and liquid is nearly gone, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
* Add reserved fronds and stir before serving.
* I served over garlic smashed potatoes made w/cream, chicken stock and butter.