- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 chicken ca 1.5 kg cut in pieces
- 1 medium union chopped
- 1 fresh union sliced
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth (cube)
- 1/2 kg fresh or frozen baby okra
- 1 can roma tomatoes in juice
- 1 tbs tomatoe paste
- 1 ts cayenne pepper
- 2 tbs sea salt
- 6 tbs fresh lemon juice or white vinigar
- 2 ts salt
- Pulse tomatoes with juice and paste in food processor till finely chopped and set aside.
- put okra in a colander and rinse with cold water, sprinkle with 2 tbs salt and shake to distribute, sprinkle with lemon juice or white vinigar and set aside (ca 2 hours).
- Put union and garlic in the pressure cooker and saute ca 5 min in medium hot olive oil, add chicken pieces and 2 ts sea salt and saute chiken till golden brown , stir from time to time ca 15 minutes half covered.
- Stir in chicken broth and tomatoe mix and cayenne, close pressure cooker and bring to boil, when pressure reached reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Release heat with pressure cooker under cold water.
- Drain the okra and add to the cooker and close, bring to a boil as pressure is reached reduce heat to low and cook 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest closed for 15 minutes and serve with warm french bread to dip in the sauce.
- Bon appetite
NotesA traditionnal Greek recipe, which I got from an old lady on the isle of Karpathos.
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More