- Cooking Time: 30-40
- Preparation Time:
- 12-16 cups of homemade chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced ginger
- oil for sauteeing
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- 1 rotisserie chicken deboned
- 1 1/2 cups rice - sushi, jasmine or long grain
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- In large dutch oven, saute garlic, onions and ginger in cooking oil. Cook until onions are softened.
- Add chicken to pot and heat through. Add rice and stir to coat with oil. Add black pepper and bullion cubes. Add homemade chicken stock and stir.
- Let it cook over low to medium heat for about 30-40 minutes, stirring occassionally. Add lemon juice and chopped parley about 5 minutes before serving.
NotesArroz Caldo is also known as chicken congee or porridge, a comfort food that mirrors the traditional chicken noodle soup. What makes it special is the addition of ginger which gives it a nice depth of flavor and warmth.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More