CHICKEN & RICE (ARROZ CALDO)
Chicken & Rice (Arroz Caldo)
- Cooking Time: 30-40
- 12-16 cups of homemade chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced ginger
- oil for sauteeing
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- 1 rotisserie chicken deboned
- 1 1/2 cups rice - sushi, jasmine or long grain
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 handful chopped parsley
In large dutch oven, saute garlic, onions and ginger in cooking oil. Cook until onions are softened.
Add chicken to pot and heat through. Add rice and stir to coat with oil. Add black pepper and bullion cubes. Add homemade chicken stock and stir.
Let it cook over low to medium heat for about 30-40 minutes, stirring occassionally. Add lemon juice and chopped parley about 5 minutes before serving.