- Cooking Time: 30-40
- Preparation Time:
- 12-16 cups of homemade chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced ginger
- oil for sauteeing
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- 1 rotisserie chicken deboned
- 1 1/2 cups rice - sushi, jasmine or long grain
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- In large dutch oven, saute garlic, onions and ginger in cooking oil. Cook until onions are softened.
- Add chicken to pot and heat through. Add rice and stir to coat with oil. Add black pepper and bullion cubes. Add homemade chicken stock and stir.
- Let it cook over low to medium heat for about 30-40 minutes, stirring occassionally. Add lemon juice and chopped parley about 5 minutes before serving.
NotesArroz Caldo is also known as chicken congee or porridge, a comfort food that mirrors the traditional chicken noodle soup. What makes it special is the addition of ginger which gives it a nice depth of flavor and warmth.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More