- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- Leftover chicken carcass from previous night
- Cold water
- 2 cloves garlic, or 2 tsp. roasted chopped garlic
- 3 Tbsp. fresh chopped chives
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 Cups of chicken stock with chicken pieces
- 1 Can of chicken broth
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 T fresh chopped chives
- Remaining rice from the night before
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper, or red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 bag of frozen veggies of your choice
- 1 C baby carrots - chopped into small pieces (chopped into halves or thirds)
- 1 chopped onion (I didn't have one, so you can leave it out and it will still be delicious.)
- 1 T of olive oil, or chicken fat to sautee baby carrots
- Prepare the chicken stock: Without removing herbed skin, place the carcass in a crock pot. Cover with cold water and add 2 cloves of garlic (or 2 tsp of roasted chopped garlic), 3 T. of fresh chopped chives, 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary. Place on high for 4 hours. I did this while we ate our dinner, and shut it off before bed. I placed the internal bowl of the crock pot/slow cooker into the fridge overnight.
- Remove remaining bones, gristle, and skin from carcass. Separate the chicken and keep it. Set aside 4 cups of the chicken stock. Place 1/2 of the remaining chicken in the 4 cups of stock. Place the rest of the chicken in the remaining stock. Freeze the remaining stock and chicken for future soup.
- You may also use an onion. I didn't have one.
- Place the stock with chicken pieces, 1 can of chicken broth, rosemary leaves, chives, rice, cayenne, salt and pepper into slow cooker on high for an hour, or in a pot simmering for 30 mins.
- While you do this, quickly saute baby carrots in olive oil, or chicken fat, until tender-crisp.
- Add bag of frozen veggies, carrots and chopped onion to pot. Cook until veggies are cooked through. Serve
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More