- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation Time: 15
- 8 chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large jalapeno diced
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 cup low-salt chicken broth/stock
- 1/2 cup green chilis, diced
- 1 14.5-ounce can plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 15-ounce can corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream for garnish
- 1 avocado, sliced for garnish
- Season chicken with salt, cumin and pepper.
- In a heavy 4-quart pot with cover, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil & saute chicken, turning frequently, until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to casserole dish. Mix in onion, carrots and garlic; saute for 3 minutes, or until translucent. Stir in rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken broth, jalapenos, green chilis, tomatoes with juice, black beans, corn and salt. Bring to simmer; add chicken back to casserole. Cover and reduce heat to low; cook for 20 minutes. Turn chicken and cook for another 20 minutes. Add cilantro; transfer to serving dish and garnish with sour cream and avocado slices. Serve immediately.
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More