- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 18 jumbo pasta shells
- 2 (10-oz.) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed (you might not use all of the spinach depending on your taste preference)
- 2 cups Rotisserie chicken
- 3/4 cup finely diced carrots
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 (16-oz.) container low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (16-oz.) jar Alfredo sauce (it taste better if you make your own Alfredo sauce…very easy to do)
- 1. Prepare pasta shells according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, drain chopped spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- 3. Stir together spinach, chicken, basil, carrots, onion, garlic, cottage cheese & basil. Spoon mixture evenly into shells.
- 4. Spread half of jarred Alfredo sauce in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Arrange stuffed pasta shells over sauce, and pour remaining sauce over shells. I suggest making your own alfredo sauce but in a pinch the jar stuff will work.
- 5. Bake, covered, at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until filling is hot and sauce is bubbly. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Note: To make ahead, prepare recipe as directed through Step 4. Cover and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Bake, covered, for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
NotesThis was a recipe featured in Southern Living Magazine that I tweaked a little. It is delicious and easy to prepare.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More