Chicken & Spinach stuffed Shells
Why I Love This Recipe
This was a recipe featured in Southern Living Magazine that I tweaked a little. It is delicious and easy to prepare.
Ingredients You'll Need
18 jumbo pasta shells
2 (10-oz.) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed (you might not use all of the spinach depending on your taste preference)
2 cups Rotisserie chicken
3/4 cup finely diced carrots
1/4 cup minced onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3/4 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 (16-oz.) container low-fat cottage cheese
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (16-oz.) jar Alfredo sauce (it taste better if you make your own Alfredo sauce…very easy to do)
1. Prepare pasta shells according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, drain chopped spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
3. Stir together spinach, chicken, basil, carrots, onion, garlic, cottage cheese & basil. Spoon mixture evenly into shells.
4. Spread half of jarred Alfredo sauce in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Arrange stuffed pasta shells over sauce, and pour remaining sauce over shells. I suggest making your own alfredo sauce but in a pinch the jar stuff will work.
5. Bake, covered, at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until filling is hot and sauce is bubbly. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 minutes.
Note: To make ahead, prepare recipe as directed through Step 4. Cover and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Bake, covered, for 1 hour and 20 minutes.