- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup (about 3 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) evaporated Milk
- 3 large egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast meat
- 2 tablespoons diced pimiento (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 8 refrigerated biscuits, prepared according to package directions
- MELT butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, bell pepper and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender but not brown. Stir in flour, salt and paprika. Gradually add evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- WHISK 1 cup thickened sauce into egg yolks; pour into saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in chicken, pimiento and sherry. Heat through.
- SERVE immediately over hot biscuits.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More