- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 8 – 10 pieces of chicken - DO NOT use skinless boneless
- 2 heads of garlic crushed
- ¾ - 1 cup of soy sauce
- 2 cups of vinegar (I mix palm, rice, white and Filipino spicy – but plain white works fine)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon freshly coarse ground pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Patis (Filipino fish sauce – optional)
- 1 T pickling spice (optional)
- 4 oz tomato sauce (optional)
- Saute chicken (skin side down) and garlic until chicken is brown, do not burn garlic.
- Add all other ingredients except tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil, boil for 10 min, lower heat and simmer for 20 min.
- Add tomato sauce and bring back to boil.
- Simmer for 5 min and serve over white rice.
NotesAlways a family favorite.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More