- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 10-12 Chicken Thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1 head of Garlic, minced
- 1 small Yellow Onion, diced
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 Tbs. Peppercorns
- 1 Tbs. Cloves
- 5 Bay Leaves
- 4 Tbs. Cooking Oil
- 2 Tbs. Cornstarch
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 Tbs. water
- 4 Cups Hot Cooked Rice
- In a large skillet or Wok, heat 2 Tbs. cooking oil. Add chicken to skillet and brown. Remove from skillet.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbs. cooking oil in skillet, add minced garlic and onions. Saute until tender. Add 2 cups water, 1/4 cup soy sauce, rice vinegar, paprika, cloves, peppercorn, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Add browned chicken to skillet and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Mix 2 Tbs. cornstarch with 3 Tbs. water. Once cornstarch is dissolved in water, add to skillet. Bring to boil, then simmer to allow sauce to thicken, stirring occasionally; about 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- CROCKPOT: This recipe is also great for the crockpot. Simply brown chicken, then add everything to crockpot and cook on low for 3 - 5 hours.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More