- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c. ground almonds
- 2/3 c. minced fresh parsley
- 1 c. fresh bread crumbs
- 3 egg whites, beaten with 1/2 tsp. water until frothy (don't over beat)
- 3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. butter plus 2-3 tbsp
- 2-3 tbsp. slivered almonds
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 c. dry white wine (Try a good Sauvignon Blanc and serve the rest with dinner.)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp. Creme Fraiche (see below) or substitute 2 tbsp. sour cream
- Combine ground almonds, parsley and bread crumbs.
- Dip chicken breasts into egg whites, then into almond-parsley mixture, coating both sides.
- Place on a wire rack and chill several hours to set coating. (Cooks note - If you dip the breasts in flower first then in the egg and coating and place on a wire rack for a minimum of ten mins it works just as well.)
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in large pan (non-stick coated works best) over medium high heat.
- Saute the breasts until they are brown and crisp on both sides.
- About 30 seconds before removing from pan, sprinkle about 1 tablespoon Parmesan on top of each breast.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt 2 to 3 tablespoons butter and stir to loosen any particles remaining on bottom.
- Add the slivered almonds and garlic clove and saute until almonds are brown.
- Add wine and lemon juice.
- Cook until reduced by half.
- Lower heat and blend in Creme Fraiche (or sour cream).
- Pour sauce over breasts and serve.
NotesI asked "My Hero" (or so he styles himself) what he wanted for dinner next week "Other than steak." He though for a while and came up with chicken almondine. (I had never heard of it and neither had he as it tuns out-he made it up.) I couldn't find a recipe in my cook books or on bake space so I Googled it. The first thing I discovered is that it's spelled amandine. The recipe below is the one I chose. It's labor intensive but always receives rave reviews. Make it for company because it you are going to go to all that work it might as well be for several people. Wild rice is a good side with this.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More