- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. fresh basil, torn
- 1/4 c. shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. dry white wine
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 2 c. crushed tomatoes
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 t. sugar
- 1 pound box lasagna noodles, parboiled al dente
- 1 quart whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breast halves, poached and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cans artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 c. whole milk mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 c. parmesan, grated
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a 9x13 inch lasagna pan, spread 1/4 cup of the sauce in the bottom. **Add a layer of pasta. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta over the pasta. Lay 1/3 of the chicken pieces over that, then 1/3 of the artichoke hearts, then 1/3 of the remaining sauce, then 1/3 of the mozzerella, and 1/3 of the parmesan.
- Repeat from ** two more times. Cover with foil and bake for 1 1/4 hours. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes or until heated through and top is browned and bubbly. Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
NotesThis recipe is a collaboration with my son who, in his own right is an amazing chef. This is also my very first RECIPE POST since I joined today!