- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 3 cloves of minced garlic
- * 1/3 teaspoon of chili paste
- * 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- * 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- * 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- * 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- * 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- * 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- * 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- * 2 green onions
- * 1 sweet red pepper
- * 1 broccoli
- * 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- * 1/3 cup of cashew nuts
- Cut broccoli into florets; peel and cut stalks on diagonal into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Seed and cut red pepper into 1-inch squares.
- Cut green onions on diagonal into 2-inch pieces.
- Cut chicken into 2x1-inch strips.
- Set each ingredient aside separately.
- Whisk together: 1/4 cup of the chicken stock, soy sauce, cornstarch, oyster sauce, sesame oil and chili paste; set aside.
- Heat a wok or deep skillet over high heat until drop of water sprinkled on surface sizzles into steam.
- Pour in half of the oil and swirl wok to evenly coat side of pan; heat for 30 seconds. Add half of the chicken breasts, stir-fry by lifting and tossing chicken for 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Remove to plate. Repeat with remaining chicken, adding more oil if necessary. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Add remaining oil to wok. Stir-fry garlic and ginger for 10 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add broccoli and red pepper; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add onions; stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Pour in remaining 1/4 cup stock.
- Cover and steam for 2 minutes or until broccoli is tender-crisp, stirring once.
- Return chicken to wok. Push contents of wok to side of pan.
- Pour soy mixture into center of wok; cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir vegetables and chicken into sauce until glazed and coated. Sprinkle with cashew nuts. Remove to a serving platter or dish and serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More