- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 tbsp butter
- 5 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1 c sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 1 lb asparagus spears, cooked until halfway done
- 1/4 c breadcrumbs (optional)
- 2 tbsp parsley, snipped(optional)
- 2 tbsp toasted, slivered almonds(optional)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted(optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a saucepan melt butter, once melted whisk in flour and chicken broth. Cook until thickened, stirring continually. Remove from heat and stir in mushrooms and pepper. In a large baking dish, lay out chicken, pour half of the mushroom sauce evenly over it. Place asparagus over chicken and sauce. Pour on remaining sauce. I like just sprinkling the almonds on top right now and cooking. But for the topping, Combine crumbs, parsley, almonds, and the 2 tbsp melted butter. Sprinkle this over casserole. Bake for 20 min.
- Serves 6
NotesThis is not to hard to make, and my husband really, really liked it. It does call for a breadcrumb topping, which we don't use, since my husband doesn't care for it, but I'll include here for those of you who like it.
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More