- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 tbsp butter
- 5 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1 c sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 1 lb asparagus spears, cooked until halfway done
- 1/4 c breadcrumbs (optional)
- 2 tbsp parsley, snipped(optional)
- 2 tbsp toasted, slivered almonds(optional)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted(optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a saucepan melt butter, once melted whisk in flour and chicken broth. Cook until thickened, stirring continually. Remove from heat and stir in mushrooms and pepper. In a large baking dish, lay out chicken, pour half of the mushroom sauce evenly over it. Place asparagus over chicken and sauce. Pour on remaining sauce. I like just sprinkling the almonds on top right now and cooking. But for the topping, Combine crumbs, parsley, almonds, and the 2 tbsp melted butter. Sprinkle this over casserole. Bake for 20 min.
- Serves 6
NotesThis is not to hard to make, and my husband really, really liked it. It does call for a breadcrumb topping, which we don't use, since my husband doesn't care for it, but I'll include here for those of you who like it.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat NecessarySee More
Apple Pie Drink
Mayo Mexican Dip
Sweet Potato BruschettaSee More